Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics was established in 2017, the Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics offers a Bachelor of Science (BS Hons) in Human Nutrition and Dietetics. It aims to graduate competent scholars in dietetics who have a strong foundation in biological sciences, applied nutrition sciences, research methodologies, and evidenced- based professional dietetic practice. Additionally, the department supports the development of professional competence in dietetics and duly prepares graduates for careers in clinical and community dietetics, health and wellness, public health, and foodservice management.
- Nutrition Educationists
- Nutrition Consultants
- Public Health Nutritionists
- Clinical Dieticians
- Food Service Administrators
- Nutrition and Health Expert
- Weight Management Expertise
- Therapeutic Diet Planning
- Public Health Departments
- School Health & Nutrition Programs
- Research and Teaching Institutes
- International Organizations: UNICEF, UNDP, WHO, FAO, World Bank
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Community Development Program
- Motivational speaker
- Multinational Companies
- Independent Private Practice
- Food Industries
- Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Hospitality industry
- Consultant for Private Companies and Hospitals
- Airlines and Railways Services
- Catering Services
- Health Care Centers
- Public health departments in Middle East, Europe etc.
- Independent Private Practice as registered dietitians
The Vision of the Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics is to prepare and graduate competent dietetics professionals and researchers who support the health and wellness of Pakistan society.
The mission of Human Nutrition and Dietetics in Women University Mardan, is to prepare competent graduates as entry-level dietitians and nutritionists with a strong foundation in the applied science of nutrition, research methodologies, food service management, evidence-based practice, and professional leadership. It supplies students with the skills and knowledge required to practice nutrition intervention for the community. In addition, the program provided by HND combines both theoretical coursework and nutrition application preparing HND students to confidently address today's complex nutrition and health issues and become leaders in the field promoting healthy food practices across the community.
To prepare students for professional leadership as they progress through their career paths.
To provide an environment which supports interdisciplinary and collaborative research for faculty and students.
To provide a sound knowledge base related to the study of human nutrition and opportunities to develop critical thinking skills.
To share knowledge, skills and expertise which contributes to the nutritional health and well being of society of Pakistan.