Department of Biochemistry is designed to provide necessary skills and knowledge in applying biochemical and molecular approaches for the solution of problems related to Health, Agriculture, Industry, and Biotechnology. The curriculum for different degree programs offered is designed based on international standards with highly competitive and advanced theoretical and practical courses.
To induce the basic and modern knowledge of biochemistry and to impart modern teaching methods in the student’s learning process, so that they can serve the nation in this discipline.
To institute advance research and teaching facilities in biochemistry for human resource development in order to cater the needs of industry.
- To produce graduates who can deliver emphatically in education and research.
- To inculcate the graduates with a sense of dedication, motivation, self-reliance and hard work so that they are able to maintain and uplift the standards of life sciences in the country.
- Apply biochemical techniques, principles and methodologies in addressing research problems.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations and prepare graphic representations to aid in the interpretation of biochemical data consistent with scientific standards.
- To conduct advanced research in the area of biochemistry according to modern needs.
- To develop industrial linkages so as to solve our indigenous problems.