Department : Microbiology
- Experience of working with molecular biology techniques including real-time PCR.
- Experience of working with genetic toxicology assays including Pig-a assay, Comet assay, Micronucleus assay, Chromosomal aberration, Ames test and Thymidine kinase (TK) mutation assay.
- Cell culture experience with bacterial cells freshly isolated human lymphocytes, TK6 human lymphoblastoid, CHO and CHS-20 monkey kidney cell line.
- Experience of working with bacterial cell culture using optical density (OD) measurements and colony- forming units (CFUs) counting
- Flow cytometric experience with 2 and 3 lasers digital flow cytometer using FACS Diva software
- Experience of designing, planning and executing genotoxicity studies (in vivo / ex vivo / in vitro).
- Experience of handling rodents; rats and mice (dosing, bleeding, sacrificing etc).
- Designed and executed a study as PhD project: Toxicological assessment of metallic nanoparticles.
- Executed a six months research project: Toxicity assessment of metallic nanoparticles at Division of Genetic and Molecular Toxicology (DGMT), National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) / U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Jefferson, AR, USA.
PhD (Biotechnology): 2008-2014
Research Project: “Toxicological Assessment of Metallic Nanoparticles”.
University: National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (NIBGE),
Faisalabad / Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences
(PIEAS), Pakistan / National Center for Toxicological Research
(NCTR), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Jefferson, AR, USA.
Qualification : PhD
Qualification From : Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) Islamabad
Qualification Year : 2014
Specialization : Biotechnology