Powers and Functions of QEC
The Quality Enhancement cell (QEC) has the following functions:
- Quality Enhancement cell (QEC) will be established in each University / degree awarding institute to be headed by a Professional whose services should be hired against the relevant criteria for quality assurance of higher education. The status of QEC head will be equivalent to Dean and reporting authority for this position will be Vice Chancellor / Rector. He / she will be the correspondent with the outside bodies and responsible for Internal Academics Audit as well. Quality Assurance Authority established at Higher Education Commission will regulate all these Quality Enhancement Cells.
- QEC will be responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC will be responsible for the review of quality standards by auditing academic standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC will be responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management standards and quality of programs.
- QEC will be responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC will be responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that the can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e., Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master's, M.Phil., Doctoral.
- QEC will be responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC will be responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC will be responsible to ensure that the university's quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
QEC will be responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new programs in consultation with already existing body responsible for the task at universities.
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty assessment, and student's perception.
- Department review.
- Student feedback.
- Employer feedback.
- Quality Assurance of Master's, M.Phil. and Ph.D degree programs.
- Subject review.
- Institutional audit.
- Program specifications.
- Qualification framework.